Fix: Unfortunately Email Has Stopped
You might be accessing your email account from a web browser or using an email client. However, you may not be able to send or receive any emails and all that you would get is an error message stating that your email has stopped unfortunately. The number of solutions for the problem can never be ending, and here are some of the most popular troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the ‘Unfortunately Email Has Stopped’ error.
Method 1: Reboot The Device
- Step : 1 The simplest way to get the issue resolved is by performing a simple restart. It can often clear all the errors on your device.
- Step : 2 If you are using an Android phone, you have to press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Step : 3 You will then see a list open on the screen.
- Step : 4 Tap on Restart and wait for the mobile phone to shut down and power on again.
- Step : 5 Now try opening the mail app and see if the error message persists.
- Step : 6 If you are using the computer, you can simply close all the running applications and then click the Windows icon.
- Step : 7 Click or select the Power button and then click the Restart button.
- Step : 8 The Windows computer will restart. Now, you can check if the email is working or not.
Method 2: Clear History Data And Cache
Every web browser will always tend to remember browsing history. You can delete the browsing history at any time. The steps to clear the history and cache on various browsers are given below.
- Step : 1 Go to the upper right corner of the browser window and click the three-dotted icon (Menu).
- Step : 2 Click the History option and then click History.
- Step : 3 The History window will now open. On the left side of the page, you will see the section Chrome History. Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Step : 4 Now, the Clear Browsing Data window will open.
- Step : 5 Click the Advanced tab and then click the checkbox for the option Browsing history. You can also select the time range from the drop-down list.
- Step : 6 Click the Clear Data button.
- Step : 1 Open the Mozilla browser on your computer.
- Step : 2 Go to the upper right corner of the window and click the three-lined icon.
- Step : 3 When you click on the three-dotted icon, a drop-down list will open. Now, click Options.
- Step : 4 On the left portion of the Options tab, click the Privacy & Security option.
- Step : 5 The History section will now open on the right side of the page.
- Step : 6 Click the Clear History button.
- Step : 7 You can choose the time range for deleting the browsing history.
- Step : 8 Click the Clear Now button.
- Step : 1 Select and open the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
- Step : 2 Click the option Settings and more and then click the Settings option.
- Step : 3 To delete the browsing history, you have to click the option Privacy, search & services.
- Step : 4 Now, scroll down to the clear browsing data section.
- Step : 5 Select the browsing data you want to delete.
- Step : 6 You can also select the time range of the browsing history you want to delete.
- Step : 7 Once you have made the selection, all you have to do is to click the Clear Now button.
- Now we have seen how to fix unfortunately email has stopped