How To Troubleshoot Shaw Webmail Not Working?
Step 1 - Internet connection
- Step : 1 Check if the computer that you are using to access the Shaw Webmail account is connected to the Internet.
- Step : 2 A stable internet connection is mandatory to access the Shaw Webmail account.
- Step : 3 If the internet connection is stable and you can load other web pages, you have to clear your web browser cache.
Step 2 - Email address and password
- Step : 1 Provide the correct email address and password of your Shaw Webmail account.
- Step : 2 If you enter incorrect login credentials, you can’t log in to the email account.
Step 3 - Check for the email message in the Outbox folder
- Step : 1 After accessing the Shaw Webmail account, navigate to the Outbox folder and check if there are any email messages pending to be sent.
- Step : 2 If so, you have to either delete them or move them to the Drafts folder.
- Step : 3 Try to send the email messages without any attachments and check if you can send them.
- Step : 4 If not, check if the email address of the recipient is correct.
Step 4 - Antivirus application
- Step : 1 The antivirus application running on your computer might interfere with the Shaw Webmail account and prevent it from sending emails.
- Step : 2 In such cases, disable the antivirus application temporarily and send the email messages.
- Step : 3 After sending the email messages, enable the antivirus application.
- Step : 4 Follow these steps to fix Shaw Webmail not working.
Step 5 - Server settings
- Step : 1 Check if the server settings of the Shaw Webmail account are correct using the following incoming and outgoing mail servers details.
- Step : 2 Account type - IMAP or POP
- Step : 3 Username - Shaw Webmail account email address without the domain name
- Step : 4 Password - Shaw Webmail account password
- Step : 5 Email address - Shaw Webmail account email address
- Step : 6 Incoming mail server name - imap.shaw.ca (IMAP) or pop.shaw.ca (POP)
- Step : 7 Incoming mail server security type - SSL
- Step : 8 Incoming port - 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP)
- Step : 9 Outgoing mail server name - mail.shaw.ca
- Step : 10 Outgoing mail server security type - TLS
- Step : 11 Outgoing port - 587
- Step : 12 Domain - shaw.ca
Step 6 - Updating the Shaw Webmail account password
- Step : 1 Sign in to the Shaw Webmail account, navigate to the My Services section, and click the Manage Internet option.
- Step : 2 Navigate to the Email Accounts section and click the Edit button beside the Shaw Webmail account.
- Step : 3 Type a new password in the New email password field and enter it again in the Confirm password field.
- Step : 4 Once you click the Update option, the new Shaw Webmail account password will be saved.
- Step : 5 If you have any doubts in resolving the Shaw Webmail not working problem, contact our technical experts.