How To Troubleshoot ProtonMail Not Working?
Some of the ProtonMail account problems and the troubleshooting steps to resolve them are mentioned here. Carry out the below-mentioned steps on to fix protonmail not working.
- Step : 1Some Password Managers do not support the ProtonMail service, especially if you are using the two password mode.
- Step : 2Disable Password Manager for ProtonMail and enter the password manually.
Disabling private mode
- Step : 1By default, the Safari browser is set to Private mode. The ProtonMail account does not work with the Private mode.
- Step : 2You have to disable it. To do this, open the Safari browser on your iOS device.
- Step : 3Tap the square-shaped icon that is at the bottom-right corner of the screen and then select the Private option.
- Step : 4Turn off the Private Browsing feature and check if you can access the ProtonMail account.
Check the browser
- Step : 1The web browser that you are using to access the ProtonMail account should be up-to-date.
- Step : 2If you are running the latest version of the web browser, try to access the ProtonMail account from a different web browser.
- Step : 3Make sure that you are using the web browser that supports ProtonMail.
- Step : 4Supported web browser - Mozilla Firefox 34, Google Chrome 31, Safari 7.1, Opera 26, iOS Safari 7.1, Android Browser 4.1, and Chrome for Android 40.
- Step : 5Incompatible web browser - internet Explorer versions prior to 11 and Safari versions prior to 6.
- Step : 6Follow these steps to fix the ProtonMail not working.
Clearing browser cache
- Step : 1Go to Menu, click Settings -> Show advanced settings, and select the Clear browsing data option in the Privacy section.
- Step : 2Click Clear Browsing Data after selecting the cache items to be cleared.
- Step : 1Select the Preferences option from the Firefox menu. Navigate to the Privacy tab, go to the History section, and click the Clear your recent history option.
- Step : 2Mark the checkbox next to both the Cookies and Cache options. Click the Clear Now option.
- Step : 1Go to Preferences -> Privacy, navigate to the Cookies and other website data section, and select the ‘Remove all website data’ option.
- Step : 2Click the Remove Now option.
- Step : 1Navigate to Tools, click Safety -> Delete browsing history, and select the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies options.
- Step : 2Remove the checkmark beside the ‘Preserve Favorites website data’ option and then click Delete.
- Step : 1Navigate to Settings, select the Safari option, and tap Clear History and Data -> Clear Cookies and Data.
- Step : 1Launch the browser, go to Menu -> Settings -> Privacy Settings, and tap the Clear cache option followed by the Clear all cookie data option.
- Step : 2Select the OK option.
Disable browser extension
- Step : 1Deactivate all the extensions of the web browser and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step : 1Enter the correct domain name to access the ProtonMail account.
If the problem is with the ProtonMail Mobile application, resolve it by performing the instructions mentioned here.
- Step : 1Exit the ProtonMail application and open it.
- Step : 2If needed, sign out of the email account and sign in back.
- Step : 3Clear cache of the application by selecting the Refresh Local Cache option on the ProtonMail Mobile app’s Settings screen.
- Step : 4If the problem persists, uninstall the ProtonMail Mobile application and install it again on your smartphone.
If you need a remote assistance to fix ProtonMail not working. Click the call button available on the screen.