How To Solve Outlook Send And Receive Error?
The Outlook application is one of the most used email clients around the world. Many users go for this email client because of its use offline feature. You can compose an email mail you wish to send while you are offline and send it once you go online. The cause of error occurrence is low in this email client. If it occurs, you can fix it easily by performing simple methods. The Outlook Send and Receive error is one of the common errors encountered by most of the Outlook users. Some users encounter this error with the error message 0x80040610: outlook send and receive.
Disable your computer’s firewall and the antivirus application (if installed):
- Step 1: Go to your Windows computer’s Control Panel section.
- Step 2: Locate and click the Network Connections option.
- Step 3: Now, the list of networks added on your Windows computer will appear.
- Step 4: Select the network that you are currently using and right-click on it.
- Step 5: Choose the Properties option.
- Step 6: On the Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Step 7: Locate the slider beside the Firewall option and click it.
- Step 8: Similarly, disable the third-party antivirus software installed on your Windows computer.
- Step 9: Now, check if you are able to send and receive email messages from the Outlook application.
- Step 10: Follow these steps we can execute that how to solve Outlook send and receive error.
Identify and clear suspicious emails present on your Outlook application:
- Step : 1 If the first method fails to solve the error, look for the suspicious emails on your Outlook application.
- Step : 2 The presence of suspicious emails may also lead to this error.
- Step : 3 Try to identify and clear the suspicious emails present on the Outlook application.
- Step : 4 After clearing it, check if the Outlook Send and Receive error is resolved.
- Step : 5 If not, try the next method discussed below.
Configure your Outlook email account settings correctly:
- Step 1: Configuring email accounts with incorrect settings might also lead to this issue.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Outlook application’s Account Settings window.
- Step 3: Click the Change button, followed by More Settings.
- Step 4: Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 5: Check if the options My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server are enabled.
- Step 6: If not, enable them.
- Step 7: Click the OK button on the same dialog box.
- Step 8: Restart the Outlook application.
- Step 9: Check if the error Outlook Send and Receive has been resolved.
- Step 10: If not, contact us for remote assistance.
- Step 11: By using these steps we can execute that how to solve Outlook send and receive error.