How Do I Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails?
Here's a guide that will help you to fix outlook not receiving emails, proceed with the troubleshooting steps problem is resolved.
Important Note: The following instructions will apply to iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10.3.3.
Junk Email folder
- Open the Outlook email client, navigate to the Junk Email folder, and check for the email.
- If the email is present, right-click it and select the Mark as not junk option.
- The selected email will be moved to the Inbox folder automatically.
Emptying the Inbox folder
- If the Inbox folder is full, you will not receive new email messages.
- Right-click the Junk Email folder and choose the Empty Folder option.
- You can also sweep the unwanted email messages from the Inbox and Archived folders.
- Another best way to clear the email messages is by saving photos and documents to OneDrive.
- Incorrect Filter and Sort settings might be the reason for this problem.
- In the Inbox folder, click the Filter option and choose what type of email message you want to search.
- After clicking the Filter option, select the Sort By option and choose the Date, From, Size, Importance, or Subject option as per your requirement.
- Follow these steps to fix outlook not receiving emails.
Other tab and focused tab
- If you have enabled the Focused Inbox feature, some of the email messages might be in the Other tab instead of Focused Inbox.
- If the email you are searching appears in the Other tab, right-click it and choose the Move to Focused inbox or Always move to Focused inbox option.
- Check if you have blocked the sender.
- In the main interface of the Outlook email client, go to the Settings menu and select the View all Outlook settings option.
- Click the Mail tab followed by the Junk Email tab on the left panel.
- If the sender’s email address is present in the Blocked Senders list, select it and click the Remove option followed by the Save option.
- If the Blocked Senders list does not contain the sender’s email address, add it to the Safe Senders list.
- Navigate to the Safe senders and domains section, type the sender’s email address, and click the Add option followed by the Save option.
- By following these procedure to fix outlook not receiving emails.
Email gets forwarded
- If you have turned on the Enable Forwarding option, select the ‘Keep a copy of forwarded messages’ option.
- So, a copy of the forwarded email message will be in the Inbox folder.
- Close the Outlook email client if it is opened.
- Hold the Win and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Now, the Run dialog box displays on the screen.
- Type ‘%localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook’ without the quotes and press the Enter key.
- Search for the RoamCache folder and double-click it.
- Select all the files, right-click them, and choose the Delete option.
- If prompted, click the Yes option.
- This will clear the Outlook cache.
If you need a remote assistance to fix outlook not receiving emails, Click the call button available on the screen.