How To Troubleshoot Outlook Express Error 0x800c0133?
Outlook Express error 0x800C0133 indicates that your email account has a corrupted Inbox. The only way to fix this error is to recover the corrupted mailbox files. Some of the causes of this error are listed below:
- Step 1: If the DBX file size is more than the default file size, then you may encounter this error.
- Step 2: Corrupted Windows Registry
- Step 3: Malware or virus attack
- Step 4: Improper or incomplete installation of the Outlook Express application.
Now, let’s see how to resolve the Outlook error 0x800c0133 by recovering the corrupted mailbox.
Step 1: Open the Outlook Express application
- Step 1: On your computer, double-click on the Outlook Express application to open it.
- Step 2: Otherwise, click the Start menu and select the Programs option followed by Outlook Express error 0x800c0133.
Step 2: Create a new TEMP folder
- Step 1: Select and right-click on the Inbox or any other existing folder.
- Step 2: Click the New Folder option.
- Step 3: Now, a dialog box titled Create Folder will open.
- Step 4: In the Folder Name field, type TEMP.
- Step 5: Select the folder location and click OK.
- Step 6: Now, a new TEMP folder will be created.
- Step 7: Move the files stored in the corrupted Inbox to the TEMP folder.
Step 3: Copy and paste the Outlook Express file location
- Step 1: Go to the Tools tab.
- Step 2: Select Options followed by the Maintenance tab.
- Step 3: Click on the Store Folder button.
- Step 4: Highlight the folder location using the tab button.
- Step 5: Copy the folder location using the Ctrl and C buttons.
- Step 6: Now, close the Outlook Express application.
- Step 7: Open the Run command with admin rights.
- Step 8: Paste the copied folder location in the Run window and click the OK button.
- Step 9: Now, the Outlook Express files location will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Delete the inbox.dbx file
- Step 1: Usually, the Inbox.dbx folder is hidden. So, first, you need to make that file visible.
- Step 2: To do so, open the Control Panel window of Outlook Express error 0x800c0133.
- Step 3: Click Folder options followed by View.
- Step 4: Select the Show hidden files option.
- Step 5: Click the Apply button.
- Step 6: Now, all the hidden files will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Locate and select the Inbox.dbx file.
- Step 8: Tap the Delete button on your computer’s keyboard.
- Step 9: Reboot the Outlook application.
- Step 10: Now, a new Inbox folder will be created automatically.
Step 5: Move files/folders to a new Inbox folder
- Step : 1 Open Outlook Express.
- Step : 2 Select and right-click on the TEMP folder.
- Step : 3 Choose the Move “TEMP” or Copy “TEMP” option.
- Step : 4 Once the files/folders are moved, close the Outlook application and restart it after a while.
- Step : 5 Now, the corrupted Inbox folder will be recovered successfully.
Check if the Outlook Express error 0x800c0133 is resolved or not. If not, contact us.