How Do I Fix Outlook 365 error 8x0042109?
The Microsoft Outlook email client also throws some error messages while users try to send emails. The error code 0x80042109 occurs when you are unable to send emails to your recipients. The following error message appears along with this error code, 'Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80042109). The error usually occurs when Outlook is not able to connect to the outgoing or SMTP email server. Fix the Outlook 365 error 0x80042109 on a Windows 10 computer by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Reconfigure your email account
- Step : 1 Check whether you can access the Internet from your web browser.
- Step : 2 If not, first resolve issues with your Internet Service Provider.
- Step : 3 Now, press the Windows and I buttons together to open the Settings window.
- Step : 4 Select Apps and locate Outlook.
- Step : 5 Go to the Advanced Options section and click on the Reset button.
- Step : 6 Now, your email account will be removed from Outlook.
- Step : 7 You can configure your email account again using the correct login credentials.
- Step : 8 Now, open Outlook and check whether you are able to send emails.
Step 2: Update your operating system
- Step : 1 The error may also occur if your Windows operating system is not up-to-date.
- Step : 2 Open Settings and go to the Update & Security section.
- Step : 3 Now, select the Windows Update tab and click on the Check for Updates option.
- Step : 4 If you find any new updates available, install it by following the instructions on the screen.
- Step : 5 Restart your computer and check whether you could send emails now.
- Step : 6 If not, you continue with the next step.
- Step : 7 Follow these steps to fix Outlook 365 error 0x80042109.
Step 3: Disable proxy server
- Step : 1 Press the Windows and S buttons together to open the search box.
- Step : 2 Now, type cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt option. Select Run as administrator from the list of options.
- Step : 3 Type netsh winhttps reset proxy and hit Enter.
- Step : 4 Now, the proxy server will be disabled and you can configure your computer for direct Internet access.
Step 4: Disable third-party antivirus
- Step : 1 If you have installed any third-party antivirus or firewall, it might block your Outlook app to send emails.
- Step : 2 You can find the antivirus icon on the system tray at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step : 3 Right-click on the antivirus icon and select the Stop or Disable option from the displayed list.
- Step : 4 Restart your computer to send emails from your Outlook account.
- Step : 5 By using the above steps to fix outlook 365 error 0x80042109.