Mail Merge Outlook 365
When you need to send bulk emails, but the emails must be more personalized, then you must make use of the Mail Merge Outlook 365 feature of Microsoft Office. To send bulk personalized emails using Mail Merge, you use the Step-by-step Mail Merge Wizard of Microsoft Word along with your email account configured in the Outlook email client. You can also send emails by Mail Merge using the data sources like MS word and Excel files.
Method 1: Using the Step-by-Step Mail Merge Wizard
Follow the steps to send bulk emails using the Mail Merge option in MS Word.
- Step : 1 Open a blank MS Word document and save it.
- Step : 2 Now, type a template for your email.
- Step : 3 Click on the Mailings menu and select the Start Mail Merge option.
- Step : 4 Now, select the Step-by-Step Mail Merge Wizard option from the drop-down list.
- Step : 5 The window for the Mail Merge Wizard will open on the right end.
- Step : 6 To create an email, select the E-mail messages option as the document type and click Next.
- Step : 7 Then, to make use of the email template that you have already created in the Word document, select the Use the current document option and click the Next option at the bottom.
- Step : 8 In the next step, select the recipient list. You can add recipients from an already existing list, or from Outlook contacts. You can create a new contact list if you wish to. To import contacts from your Outlook account, choose the Select from Outlook contact option.
- Step : 9 Now, click the Choose Contacts Folder link and select your contacts list from Outlook.
- Step : 10 After selecting the contact list, click the Next option.
- Step : 11 Now, you can personalize the email template by adding a greeting line. So, select and delete the greeting line (‘Dear Customer..’) in the email template that you have created. Click the Greeting line option in the Mail Merge Wizard pane.
- Step : 12 An Insert Greeting Line window will open. You can make the required changes for your email’s greeting line in it.
- Step : 13 Preview the greeting line. The option for this is available in the Preview section of the Insert Greeting Line windows. Then, click the OK button when the greeting line seems to be perfect.
- Step : 14 Click the Next option in the Mail Merge Wizard.
- Step : 15 Now, preview all your emails one-by-one by clicking the arrow buttons. Click Next.
- Step : 16 In the next step, click the Electronic Mail link. The Merge to E-mail window will open.
- Step : 17 Your contact will be assigned to the ‘To’ field. Enter a subject for your email in the Subject line field.
- Step : 18 To send the emails to all the records, select the All option and click OK.
- Step : 19 Now, open Outlook and go to the Outbox folder. All your emails will be listed. Click the Send / Receive menu and click the Send/Receive All Folders option again.
Using this method, you can send bulk emails with more personalized fields than with the Mail Merge Wizard. This method will explain the procedure to send bulk emails by having all the required details in an MS Excel source file.
First Step : Prepare the Excel document
The initial step in this method is to prepare an Excel document with all the required fields. This is the source file from which the name and the email address of your contacts are going to be merged later.
- Step : 1 Open a blank MS Excel document, create a table (Sheet in Excel), and create columns for the required personalized fields.
- Step : 2 The fields may be first name, last name, address line, email address, and so on. It varies according to the purpose of the bulk emails to be sent.
- Step : 3 Now, save the excel document and close it.
Second Step : Create the email template and import the source file
- Step : 1 Open a blank MS Word document and go to the Mailing menu.
- Step : 2 Click the Start Mail Merge option and select E-mail Messages.
- Step : 3 Now, type the email template.
- Step : 4 Click the Select Recipients menu and choose the Use an Existing List option.
- Step : 5 Now, browse the Excel source file and open it.
- Step : 6 In the Select Table window that opens, select the table from the excel document. Also, enable the checkbox beside the First row of data contains column header at the bottom, and click OK.
- Step : 7 Using these steps we can execute that how to use mail merge outlook 365.
Third Step : Insert merge fields
- Step : 1 Place the cursor on the mail template where you want to insert the personalized field.
- Step : 2 Click the Insert Merge Field option and select the field. Similarly, you can insert the personalized fields into the email template by repeating this step.
- Step : 3 After inserting the required fields into the mail template, click the Preview Results option and view all your emails.
Fourth Step : Finish & Merge
- Step : 1 The final step is to send the merged emails.
- Step : 2 Click the Finish & Merge option and select the Send Email Messages.
- Step : 3 Select the field for the email address and set it in the To field.
- Step : 4 Click the All option and click the OK button.
- Step : 5 Now, open MS Outlook and click the Send/Receive option. All the emails will be sent to the respective recipients.
- Step : 6 Follow these steps we can execute that how to use the mail merge outlook 365.