How To fix Lycos Mail Login Failed issue?
If you see the login failed error message while you try to access your Lycos Mail account, this means that the problem is with the login credentials or the browser.One important thing is, Lycos had already stopped the free email service on June 1st, 2018. You have to sign up for a premium Lycos Mail account.
Perform the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the Lycos Mail login failed problem.
1.Incorrect username and password
Lycos Mail password
- You have to enter the correct Lycos email address and password. If you have forgotten the password, reset it by performing the following steps.
- On the login page, type your Lycos email address in the Member name or E-Mail field and click the Reset Password button.
- Once the verification is done, you will receive an email in your email address from Lycos customer service.
- If the email is not in the Inbox folder, check the Spam or Junk folder.
- Open the email message and click the link in it.
- When the Account Update window appears, enter a new Lycos email password in the New Password field.
- Type the same in the Verify Password field and click the Reset Password button.
- This will resolve the Lycos Mail login failed problem.
Lycos Mail user name/email address
- If you are not having access to the email address you provided while signup, you cannot use the Password Reset feature.
- In that case, submit a ticket to the Lycos customer support team to verify your ownership.
- After the verification, the Lycos support team will update your email address and send an email to you about resetting the password.
Web browser compatibility
- Lycos Mail supports the following web browsers.
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and higher
- Chrome and higher
- Safari 4.0 and higher
- You cannot access your Lycos Mail account from unsupported browsers.
- For instance, if you try logging into your email account from Chrome, use Mozilla Firefox and check if the Lycos Mail login failed problem has been resolved.
Clear cache & cookies
On Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- On the top-right end of the browser, click the More icon and select the More tools option.
- Click the Clear browsing data option.
- To clear everything, choose All time from the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Checkmark the box beside the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files options.
- Once you click the Clear data button, the Chrome browser’s cache and cookies will be deleted.
- Exit the web browser and other applications on your computer.
- Access the Start menu and enter cmd.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter key.
- Wait until you see the Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache message.
- Check if the Lycos Mail login failed problem has been resolved.