How To Fix iTunes Does Not Recognize My iPhone?
You have just now plugged your iPhone into your computer, but you find that nothing is happening. iTunes does not recognize my iPhone you have plugged in. You wonder what could be the reason behind iTunes not detecting your iPhone.
Many users have reported this kind of problem, and they too brood over the cause of the issue. Let us now try and fix the problem once for all!
Before we get into the troubleshooting part, let us see the reasons that have resulted in iTunes not recognizing the iPhone:
- Step : 1 There could be an issue with the Lightning cable you are using.
- Step : 2 There might be a problem with your iPhone’s Lightning port.
- Step : 3 You might be facing some hindrance from your computer’s USB port.
- Step : 4 The software of your computer or your iPhone might be at fault.
Please have a glance at the following troubleshooting methods to fix the problem under question:
Method 1-Checking the Lightning cable:
- Step : 1 In case your Lightning cable is damaged, it might not be able to connect the iPhone with your computer.
- Step : 2 Please inspect your Lightning cable and check for any fraying or damages.
- Step : 3 If you feel there is some problem with the Lightning cable, try using a friend’s.
- Step : 4 Also, if your computer contains multiple USB ports, try connecting your iPhone to a different one.
Method 2-Checking whether the cable is MFi-certified:
- Step : 1 An MFi-certification is Apple’s seal of approval for an iPhone cable. So, you need to check whether your Lightning cable is MFi-certified.
- Step : 2 In case you are using any cheap, non-certified cables that you bought from one of the local stores, they might cause damages to your iPhone.
- Step : 3 Such cables could also overheat and cause damages to the internal components of your iPhone.
- Step : 4 NOTE: Apple Inc.’s MFi is the short form of the “Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad” licensing program.
Method 3-Examining your iPhone’s Lightning port:
- Step : 1 Get hold of a flashlight and inspect the inside of the iPhone’s Lightning port.
- Step : 2 If you see any lint, gunk, or any other kind of debris inside the port, it could very well be the reason behind the problem. Such debris will not let you connect your iPhone to the dock connectors on your Lightning cable.
- Step : 3 Now, please make use of an anti-static brush or a new, unused toothbrush to clean out all the clogged debris.
Method 4-Try updating to the latest version of iTunes:
In case your computer is using an old version of iTunes does not recognizing my iPhone. So, make use of the following steps to find out if you need an update:
For a Windows computer:
- Step : 1 Open iTunes on the computer. You will see the Help tab at the top of your screen. Click this tab.
- Step : 2 Next, click on the Check for Updates button.
- Step : 3 If you see that an update is available, please continue with the on-screen prompts to update your iTunes.
For a Mac computer:
- Step : 1 First, launch the App Store on the computer.
- Step : 2 At the top of your screen, you will find the Updates tab. Click on it.
- Step : 3 If you see that an iTunes update is available, just click on the Update button.
- Step : 4 In case iTunes is already up-to-date, you will not view the Update button.
Method 5-Tapping the “Trust This Computer” option:
- Step : 1 If you are connecting the iPhone to a new computer, a pop-up with the Trust This Computer? message will appear on the iPhone screen. That is, the pop-up will ask if you want your iPhone to TRUST your computer.
- Step : 2 You might also encounter this pop-up from time to time.
- Step : 3 There is a possibility that iTunes does not recognize your iPhone because it does not trust the computer.
- Step : 4 Therefore, when you see the Trust This Computer? message on your iPhone screen, please tap the Trust option.
- Step : 5 One or more of the above methods should help fix the issue you are facing.
We have discussed the“iTunes does not recognizing my iPhone” issue and have seen the troubleshooting methods to resolve the same.