How to Setup Mail Server?
Why do you want to set up a mail server? If you have been using the email service from email service providers like Google, Yahoo, or Apple, you know that you cannot control the incoming mails, and you are not in a position to protect the emails on the server. Anyone can use the email data if the email service provider allows. There is a solution for this; you can set up a mail server on your computer, which is not hard. Learn how to setup mail server by reading the following steps.
Things required to set up mail server:
- Step : 1 You need a computer with ample storage space to save the emails, which will act as the email server.
- Step : 2 Think of a good domain name for the email address.
- Step : 3 The mail server needs an operating system to run on, so install one.
- Step : 4 Also, install a mail server software program that is compatible with the computer.
- Step : 5 Finally, make sure you have a fast internet connection for uninterrupted setup.
Set up mail server:
- Step 1: Download a reliable mail server software like hMailServer installer on the computer and run the installation.
- Step 2: Carefully read the license agreement and accept the terms and conditions.
- Step 3: Next, choose the Server option under Full installation and click Next.
- Step 4: After that, select the Database server type. For this, choose Use built-in database and click Next.
- Step 5: Set the path to store the program shortcut.
- Step 6: Now, input a password to maintain the hMailServer installation and then click Install.
- Step 7: When the setup is complete, click the checkbox beside Run hMailServer Administrator and select the Finish button.
- Step 8: Following that, the hMailServer Administrator window will open.
- Step 9: Click the Connect button, input the password you created during the installation process, and select OK.
- Step 10: Now, click the Add domain button to set up the SMTP server.
- Step 11: Next, give a domain name in the General panel and click Save.
- Step 12: On the left side pane, select Domains and then Accounts.
- Step 13: Now, you have to enter the email address, password, and continue.
- Step 14: Click Settings on the left panel, choose Settings and tick the SMTP menu.
- Step 15: Now, untick the POP and IMAP servers.
- Step 16: Go to the Advanced menu and enter “localhost” in the “localhost” and click Save.
- Step 17: Select Auto ban, untick the Enabled option, and save it.
- Step 18: Under Utilities, select Diagnostics, enter the domain, and then select Start.
- Step 19: You can find the server information below Collect server, under Diagnostics.
If you having any further queries regarding how to setup mail server, Click the call button available on the screen.