How To Set Up Email On Windows?
Instead of accessing your email account from a web browser every time, you can use the inbuilt Mail application on your Windows computer. To set up your email account on the Windows Mail application, carry out the simple instructions mentioned on our web page how to set up email on windows computer.
Method 1 - Adding your email account automatically
- Go to the Windows Start menu, search for the Mail app, and select it from the list.
- If you are using the Mail application for the first time, the Welcome window will appear on the screen. Click Add Account to start the email configuration process.
- If you have used the Mail application already, click the Settings or gear-shaped icon on the left panel and select the Manage Accounts option.
- Click the Add Account option.
- When the ‘Choose an account’ window opens, choose your email service provider from the displayed list.
- Provide your email account’s email address and password in the respective fields and click the Sign in button.
- After you click the Done option, your email account will get added to the Mail application on the Windows computer.
- Follow these steps on how to set up email on windows computer.
Method 2 - Adding your email account using advanced setup
If your automatic email configuration fails, proceed with the following instructions to configure manually using advanced setup.
- Step : 1 Click the Advanced setup option in the Choose an account window.
- Step : 2 Fill the following fields with the correct information.
- Step : 6 Incoming email server
- Step : 7 Account type - Select POP3 or IMAP
- Step : 8 Outgoing (SMTP) email server
- Step : 9 Check if all the four options at the bottom of the screen have been selected.
- Step : 10 Once done with providing all the required details in the Advanced Setup window, click the Sign in option followed by the Done option.
- Step : 11By using these steps on how to set up email on windows computer.