How to Enable Imap in Gmail on Android?
IMAP is the message access protocol used by email services to retrieve emails from the mail server. IMAP is enabled by default on any Gmail account. But if you had disabled the IMAP feature, you cannot access your emails on other devices.
Read the following steps to know how to enable IMAP in Gmail on Android.
On web browser:
You need to enable the IMAP on the Gmail account before you can use the IMAP feature on the app.
- Step : 1 Open the web browser and open the Gmail login page.
- Step : 2 Enter the email address and password to log in to the Gmail account.
- Step : 3 Once the Gmail page opens, click the gear icon at the upper-right end to view the other email options.
- Step : 4 From the list of options, select the Settings menu.
- Step : 5 Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and go to the IMAP Access menu.
- Step : 6 Select the radio button beside Enable IMAP and click the Save Changes button.
- Step : 7 Log out the Gmail account.
On Gmail app:
- Step 1: Tap the Gmail app on the Android device to open it.
- Step 2: Select the more options (hamburger) icon at the top-left corner of the screen to open the different email options.
- Step 3: After the options show up, tap the down arrow symbol beside the account name.
- Step 4: Choose the Add Account menu to add a new email account on the Gmail app.
- Step 5: Under Set up email, select Other from a list of email service providers name that appears.
- Step 6: Next, you have to enter the email address then select the Manual Setup menu.
- Step 7: Select IMAP Account as the account type.
- Step 8: Type the email account password and click Next.
- Step 9: After that, enter the Incoming and Outgoing mail server settings.
- Step 10: If you need to set up authentication for Outgoing mail server configuration, click the toggle button beside Require sign-in and click Next.
- Step 11: Choose a suitable option under Account options and complete the setup.
- Step 12: By using these steps we can execute that how to enable imap in gmail on android.