Unable to delete emails from Gmail
Sometimes, you may face difficulty in deleting emails from your Gmail account. The mail that you have deleted will still appear in your Gmail inbox. The cause for this issue may be the excess usage of Google Drive Cloud area, which not only contains your emails but also has other media files that you have saved in the Google Drive Cloud area.
If you are facing, the delete issue in your Gmail account, then you can unable to delete emails by following instructions given below.
- Step : 1 Open a web browser on your computer.
- Step : 2 Sign in to your Gmail account with your email id and password.
- Step : 3 Select the checkbox beside the email that you want to delete and then click the Trash icon to delete the email.
- Step : 4 If you face issues in deleting the email, then click the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the web page of your Gmail account.
- Step : 5 Try to delete the email by selecting it and clicking the Trash icon.
- Step : 6 Try to clear the cache in your web browser.
- Step : 7 For example, to clear the cache and cookies in the Google Chrome web browser, go to the Tools menu in your web browser and then select the Clear browsing data option. Now click on the checkbox near the Empty the cache option. Don’t forget to choose the time period for which the cache has to be cleared. Now, click the Clear browsing data button.
- Step : 8 If your computer uses any antivirus application installed, then turn the software off temporarily.
- Step : 9 Try to delete the email from the Private Window of your web browser. To open a private browsing window in Google Chrome, click the File menu and select the New Incognito Window option from the list.
- Step : 10 Also, try to open your Gmail account from another web browser on your computer. Then, try to delete the email.
- Step : 11 Also, try to log out Gmail and then log in again. Now, delete the email from Gmail.
Even after performing the above steps, if you are unable to delete emails from Gmail, then continue the next set of instructions given below.
- Step : 1 As the storage area is accessed by your emails and other media you have shared or uploaded to the Google Drive cloud storage, you have to empty the unwanted data from the Google Drive cloud storage area.
- Step : 2 Sign in to your Gmail using your email address and password.
- Step : 3 From the options on the left-hand side of the window, select the Trash option. This will show all the emails that you have deleted but remains in your Trash.
- Step : 4 Now, click the checkbox at the top and select all the emails listed in the Trash folder window.
- Step : 5 If your Trash folder has more emails than listed in a single window, then click the select all conversations link at the top. The number of emails selected is shown in the area below the search icon.
- Step : 6 Then, click either Delete forever button or the Empty Trash now option to empty your Trash folder that was occupying space earlier.
- Step : 7 Now, click on the arrow at the right end of the search box.
- Step : 8 Set the first option as All Mail, and leave other options untouched.
- Step : 9 Then, scroll down to the size field and set the value approximately, say 50 kb. Click the search button.
- Step : 10 All emails, above the size of 50kb will be listed, regardless of the folder.
- Step : 11 Inspect the emails, select the emails that are not needed anymore, and then click the Delete button to delete them.
- Step : 12 Follow the above steps we can execute that unable to delete emails.