How To Fix Gmail Imap Not Responding?
When you enable IMAP on Gmail, you can configure and access your Gmail account on multiple devices. There are specific server settings and ports for IMAP.
If you are getting the Gmail IMAP not responding message on your iPhone, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Email to your own account
- Step : 1 First, launch the Mail app on your iPhone.
- Step : 2 Select your Gmail account (IMAP account) and compose a new mail.
- Step : 3 Fill both the To and From field with your email address.
- Step : 4 Attach a document or fill up the body of content.
- Step : 5 Tap the Send button and wait for a few seconds.
- Step : 6 Refresh your inbox and check if you can receive the composed message to your account.
- Step : 7 If you can get the message, the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Update your email client
- Step : 1 On your iPhone, open the App Store app and search for the Mail app.
- Step : 2 From the search result, select the Mail app and check for updates.
- Step : 3 If the update is available, install it.
- Step : 4 Otherwise, open the Settings app and tap the Software Update button.
- Step : 5 If the updates are available, tap the Update button and wait until the update process is completed.
- Step : 6 Make sure that you have a standard Internet connection before installing the update.
- Step : 7 After installing the update, restart your iPhone and check if the Gmail IMAP not responding problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Remove and re-add your Gmail account
- Step : 1 Open the Settings app first.
- Step : 2 Tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab and select your Gmail account.
- Step : 3 Tap the Delete Account button to remove the account from your iPhone.
- Step : 4 If prompted, enter your administrator’s password and tap the Delete button to confirm your action.
- Step : 5 Next, open the Settings app again.
- Step : 6 Tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab and select the Add Account button.
- Step : 7 Tap the Other button from the list of email service providers.
- Step : 8 Enter your Gmail address in the Email Address field.
- Step : 9 Enter your Gmail account’s password in the Password field.
- Step : 10 Tap the Next button and enter the incoming (IMAP) and outgoing mail server names correctly in the required fields.
- Step : 11 After configuring the necessary settings, tap the Next button to verify your account.
- Step : 12 Once your account is verified, try sending an email using the Mail app.
- Step : 13 This will fix the Gmail IMAP not responding issues on your iPhone.