How Do I Transfer Gmail Contacts To iCloud?
In some scenarios, you might wish to transfer your Gmail contacts to iCloud. For instance, you would have switched over from your Android phone to a new iPhone. Or else, you might be having all your contacts in both Gmail and iCloud and you wish to consolidate them.
Are you curious to know how to transfer Gmail contacts to your iCloud?
Read on and find out for yourself…
To transfer your Gmail contacts to your iCloud, you first need to export the contacts from Gmail. Now, follow the steps given below to do the same:
- Step : 1 The first step is to sign in to your Gmail account. Once you have signed in, choose the Contacts option.
- Step : 2 Now, the Google Contacts page will appear. On the left side of the same page, you will find a list of options.
- Step : 3 Scroll down to see the Go to the old version option. Now, if you select this option, you will be taken to the old version of your Google Contacts.
- Step : 4 You are now on the contact page. Click the More button. Then, from the menu that displays, select the Export option.
- Step : 5 The above action will export all the contact details from your Gmail account.
- Step : 6 On the Export contacts screen that appears, you can either choose all of your contacts or some selected groups of contacts to be exported from Gmail.
- Step : 7 Below the Which export format? question, select the vCard format option as your export format.
- Step : 8 Now, click the Export button located at the bottom of your screen.
- Step : 9 You have now successfully exported your contacts from Gmail.
- Step : 10 Using these steps we can execute that how do i transfer gmail contacts to iCloud.
So, what do you think you should be doing next? Yes, of course! You should import all the (exported) contacts to iCloud.
Now, to import all your contacts to iCloud, please follow the instructions provided below:
- Step : 1 First, sign in to iCloud by utilizing your Apple ID and password.
- Step : 2 Once you have signed in, choose the Contacts icon on the screen that displays.
- Step : 3 Next, you can see the Settings icon at the bottom of your screen. Click on it.
- Step : 4 On the screen that displays next, choose the import vCard option. This action will import all the contacts that you have exported from Gmail.
- Step : 5 Note: If you had some contacts already on iCloud and these contacts have been duplicated by doing the above procedure, then do the following:
- Step : 6 You can make use of a reliable and well-known software’s de-dupe functionality to merge such contacts.
- Step : 7 By using these steps we can execute that how do i transfer gmail contacts to iCloud.
So, you are now good to go!!!