Fix: Em Client Not Working After Update
eM Client is one of the most commonly used desktop mailing applications and sometimes, eM Client will not be working after an update. Such problems are quite uncommon since updates are considered to be the primary fixes for most issues.
A common step we would recommend is to restart eM Client or the computer to see if that fixes the problem.
Still, if Em Client Not Working After Update, make use of the methods given here to fix the issue.
METHOD 1: DOWNGRADE EM CLIENT
The method is quite obvious. Since the updated version does not help in opening eM Client, the best possible solution is to downgrade the application.
- Step : 1 Take a backup of any data you might need (if eM Client opens).
- Step : 2 Click the Menu option.
- Step : 3 Select File and then click the Export option.
- Step : 4 Open the Control Panel window (Windows + R).
- Step : 5 Select the Uninstall a program option.
- Step : 6 Scroll down the window and select eM Client.
- Step : 7 Click the Uninstall button.
- Step : 8 Now, open the eM Client Release history page on your Internet browser.
- Step : 9 Select a previous version of eM Client and complete the download.
- Step : 10 Run the installation and log in to your email account. Now, you will have fixed the issue with eM Client that was not working after an update.
METHOD 2: UNINSTALL THE ANTIVIRUS APPLICATIONS
Antivirus applications can be a burden at times because of the interruptions they cause and eventually stop the email applications from working.
- Step : 1 Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Step : 2 Click the Programs option and select the Uninstall Program.
- Step : 3 Locate the antivirus application installed. Do a right-click and select the option Uninstall.
- Step : 4 The Antivirus program will be uninstalled from the Windows computer.
METHOD 3: RUN THE EM CLIENT TROUBLESHOOTER
The problem can also be because of compatibility.
- Step : 1 Locate the eM Client icon on your computer and do a right-click on it.
- Step : 2 Select the Properties option.
- Step : 3 The Properties pop-up window will open.
- Step : 4 Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Step : 5 Click Run the compatibility troubleshooter button.
- Step : 6 Follow the commands on-screen and wait for the troubleshooter to identify and fix the issue.
- Step : 7 Restart the eM Client.
Now, you would have fixed eM Client that was not working after an update.
METHOD 4: UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL EM CLIENT
- Step : 1 Open the Run command (Windows + R).
- Step : 2 Type Control Panel and then press the Enter button.
- Step : 3 Select the Programs option and click Uninstall a program.
- Step : 4 Scroll down the list of applications, select the eM Client application, and then click Uninstall.
- Step : 5 Restart your computer.
- Step : 6 Open the Internet browser and download the eM Client application again.
- Step : 7 Install eM Client and configure your email account.
- Now we have seen how to fix Em Client Not Working After Update issue.