Em Client Change from Imap to Pop
When you want to change your already existing IMAP account to a POP account on an eM Client, the best option would be to delete the IMAP account and then set up the POP account.
Step 1: Removing the IMAP account from eM Client.
Perform the steps given below to delete your IMAP account from the eM Client V7.
- Step : 1 Open eM Client on your computer.
- Step : 2 Select the Menu option at the top and select the Tools option.
- Step : 3 Select the Accounts option from the list of Tools options.
- Step : 4 In the Accounts windows, choose the IMAP account you want to delete from the left tab.
- Step : 5 Now, click the trash icon at the right end of the email account.
- Step : 6 In the Delete Account confirmation window, click the Yes button.
- Step : 7 Your IMAP email account will be deleted. Then, choose the OK button to finish the job.
Step 2: Setup a POP account in eM Client.
The steps to set up a POP account in eM Client V7 are given below.
- Step 1: Open eM Client on your computer.
- Step 2: When the application is launched, click the Menu option.
- Step 3: From the drop-down list, select the Tools option and then choose Accounts.
- Step 4: If there are no other emails configured in the eM Client application on your computer, then the New Account window will open.
- Step 5: Else, the Accounts window will open. In that window, click the ‘+’ icon to add a new account.
- Step 6: In the New Account window, click the Mail option.
- Step 7: Under the Mail option, select the Other option and click Next.
- Step 8: Now, you have to enter your email address in the Email address field and click the Next button.
- Step 9: In the next step of the setup, select the POP3 radio button as the incoming server.
- Step 10: Then, enter your incoming server address. For example, if the account is a Gmail account, then the POP incoming server would be pop.gmail.com.
- Step 11: Now, in the same window, type your email address in the User name field and your email password in the Password field.
- Step 12: Click the Next button.
- Step 13: In the next step, enter the details for your outgoing server and click Next.
- Step 14: The eM client will test the configurations for both the incoming and outgoing servers.
- Step 15: In the Account details step, enter your user name again and click Next.
- Step 16: Finally, click the Finish button to add your POP email account.
Now, follow the below steps and configure the Port settings for the POP account in eM Client.
- Step 1: Click the Menu option, Tool, and select Accounts.
- Step 2: Select your POP account from the left side tab.
- Step 3: In the right window, move to the SMTP tab, and in the Port field, enter 465 as the SMTP port.
- Step 4: Similarly, under the POP tab, enter 995 as the Port value and click OK.