Solved: Cannot Open Links In Gmail
At least once, we might have encountered this issue in Gmail. The exact cause of this issue is unknown, but it can be resolved easily. If you cannot open links in Gmail, you can quickly fix it by following the steps given below.
Method 1: Check your Internet connection
- Step : 1Check your laptop or desktop’s Internet connection status.
- Step : 2Click the Wi-Fi icon on your computer’s taskbar. Check if the status is displayed as Connected.
- Step : 3If not, connect your PC to the Internet and then try to open the link in Gmail.
Method 2: Restart your browser
- Step : 1Close the web browser.
- Step : 2Wait for a few minutes.
- Step : 3Now, re-launch the web browser and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step : 4Try to open the links in your email.
- Step : 5If the issue persists, then perform the next method.
Method 3: Update your browser
- Step : 1If restarting your computer doesn’t resolve this issue, then the next step is to update the web browser.
- Step : 2Update your web browser and then try to open the links in Gmail.
Method 4: Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history of your browser
If you’re using the Chrome browser, then carry out the following instructions to clear cache, cookies, and browsing history of it.
- Step : 1Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Step : 2Click the More option.
- Step : 3Select the Clear browsing data option.
- Step : 4Choose a specific time range and click Delete. Similarly, select the Cache and Cookies options and click Clear.
- Step : 5Now, try to open the links in Gmail.
If the cannot open links in Gmail issue persists, then perform the next troubleshooting method.
Method 5: Set Gmail Default Email on your web browser
For Google Chrome
- Step : 1Open the Google Chrome web browser.
- Step : 2Go to Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Step : 3Select Handlers > Ask protocol.
- Step : 4Now, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step : 5You’ll see a diamond-like icon at the end of the URL address, click on it.
- Step : 6Now, the drop-down menu titled Allow Gmail to open all email links? will be displayed on the screen.
- Step : 7Click the Allow option followed by the Done button.
- Step : 1To perform the same in Safari, you need to install a third-party plugin called Google’s Mailto Extension.
- Step : 2Download this extension file and open it.
- Step : 3Click Trust > Install.
- Step : 4When the Options window is displayed on the screen, select the Gmail option.
- Step : 5Now, restart the Safari web browser.
- Step : 6Check if the can’t open links in Gmail issue is resolved. If not, contact us.